Who We Are
Do you want a company you can grow with? Wylie-Crump and Navacord are one of Canada’s fasting growing commercial insurance brokerages. This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to grow your insurance knowledge and tailor an intellectually stimulating and fulfilling career path. This entry level role will work with our small team of dynamic, collaborative and supportive individuals.
Account Assistant – Full Time
You will provide excellent customer service to our clients and maintain detailed and accurate documentation in fulfilling the role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Process cover notes/binders, invoices, premium financing on policy transactions, enclosure letters, memos and other documentation as required.
- Monitor and manage outstanding client accounts receivables.
- Assist Account Associate with preparation of underwriting submissions and client proposals.
- Log new claims in claims management system including management of adjuster assignment, abeyance for claims status and close out procedures for closed claims.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests and handling when appropriate.
- Preparation of certificate lists at renewal and issuance of certificate of insurance as requested by clients.
- Update information in our internal management systems.
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations.
- Coordinate couriers, deliveries and general mail.
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
- Level 1 license (If not licensed, must be committed to obtaining Level 1 within an agreed timeline).
- You work best in a fast-paced team environment where collaboration and a supportive workplace is the norm.
- Proficiency working within MS Office environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Applied EPIC an asset.
- You are a detail-oriented individual who takes pride in providing a strong emphasis on the accuracy and quality of your work.
- Customer-focused and service oriented.
- Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with customers.
- Organizational skills to effectively process all paperwork / products.
- Problem solving, documentation skills, listening, phone skills, resolving conflict, analyzing information and multi-tasking skills an asset.
Our growth model is built upon employing dynamic people that want to build something truly great. Our team enjoys:
- An office culture that balances our very high professional standards with keeping things light, fun and always respectful, and providing for work/life balance.
- Industry leading compensation packages including salary, group insurance benefits, vacation time and additional perks such as a physical fitness allowance. Please note that salary placement will reflect the successful candidate’s experience and license level.
- Support for education and development tailored to individual employee goals and interests.
Join our Team
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We appreciate all interest and will respond to selected candidates soon after the posting closes.