Who We Are
Wylie-Crump Ltd. is uniquely positioned as a national insurance brokerage firm that has a niche specialty in all aspects of the construction industry for over 40 years.
Our firm provides a broad scope of risk advisory and insurance brokerage services. We offer our focused attention to companies and organizations considered “best-in-class” and are regularly engaged in servicing clients with operations across Canada and North America. We believe our specialized services are one of the greatest attributes of Wylie-Crump Limited.
Wylie-Crump Ltd. is a broker partner of Navacord Corp. (www.navacord.com), a leading insurance and risk management brokerage firm dedicated to providing expert solutions to businesses across Canada. Navacord is the fourth largest commercial insurance brokerage in Canada with over 1,000 employees operating from its 20+ offices.
Account Associate – Full Time
As a valuable member of the Wylie-Crump team you will be responsible to support the Account Executive to manage a book of business and your day to day duties will include the following:
- Assist Account Executive in developing account strategies, presentations and proposals.
- Ensure all client and insurer correspondence is accurate and flows in an efficient manner.
- Respond to telephone calls and written inquiries from clients and underwriters in a timely and professional manner.
- Market new business as well as renewals and endorsements in a timely and efficient manner as required.
- Review policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Manage invoicing and premium financing on policy transactions.
- Prepare underwriting submissions, client proposals, cover notes, certificates of insurance etc. and maintain appropriate documentation for various accounts and/or correspondence.
- Request and follow up with insurers for quotes, outstanding information, endorsements or policy documentation.
- Log new claims in claims management system including management of adjuster assignment, abeyancing for claims status and close out procedures for closed claims.
- Monitor and manage outstanding client accounts receivables.
- Prepare and maintain client prospect system.
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
- Five+ years of commercial insurance industry experience is preferred.
- Level 1 – 2 license (if level 1, or no license, must be committed to obtaining Level 2 within an agreed timeline).
- You work best in a fast-paced team environment where collaboration and a supportive workplace is the norm.
- Strong proficiency working within MS Office environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Applied EPIC an asset.
- You are a detail-oriented individual who takes pride in providing a strong emphasis on the accuracy and quality of your work.
- Able to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Customer-focused and service oriented.
- Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with customers.
- Organizational skills to effectively process all paperwork / products.
- Problem solving, documentation skills, listening, phone skills, resolving conflict, analyzing information and multi-tasking skills an asset.
Our growth model is built upon employing dynamic people that want to build something truly great. Our team enjoys:
- An office culture that balances our very high professional standards with keeping things light, fun and always respectful, and providing for work/life balance.
- Industry leading compensation packages including salary, group insurance benefits, vacation time and additional perks such as a physical fitness allowance. Please note that salary placement will reflect the successful candidate’s experience and license level.
- Support for education and development tailored to individual employee goals and interests.
Join our Team
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We appreciate all interest and will respond to selected candidates soon after the posting closes.